Scent Work course
- Have you ever struggled to get your dog to stop sniffing when out on a walk?
- Does your dog like to follow its nose and switch its ears off?
- Are you looking for a fun new challenge?
If so then this is for you……
Scentwork and its benefits:
- a dog has around 300 million olfactory receptors – humans have 6 million
- dogs can remember up to 24 different scents
- dogs nostrils differ to ours – when we inhale we breathe and smell through the same airways, when dogs inhale the air gets split into two different flow paths – one for respiration one for olfaction (12% gets funnelled to an area at the back of the nose dedicated to olfaction). When we exhale through our noses the spent air goes out the same way new air comes in. when dogs exhale the spent air comes out through the ‘slits’ in the side of the nose; new air comes in through the nostril holes, meaning dogs can sniff more or less continuously. The way the air is expelled from the slits also encourages more scent to be drawn up through the nostrils.
These fun classes will run over a set 4 week course and are designed to give you an insight into how your dog’s nose works and channel their natural behaviour. These classes are open to any breed of dog aged over 5 months. To get the best out of the course your dog will benefit from having a reasonable level of basic training and must be sociable with other dogs and people. The course is designed to give you the tools to use scentwork as part of your regular training and exercise and provide your dog with ongoing stimulation.
For further information or to book a place please contact Nicky on 07855 706122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Scent work courses||Friday 6.30pm & 7.30pm||Allesley Park Community Centre
199 Winsford Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands CV5 9NG